Welcome to Good Shepherd Church – Drums, Pennsylvania
Contacting our Pastor, Office Manager, and Webmaster
Because of the inordinate amount of spam that has recently been received via our email contact forms, please direct all inquiries to Father McHugh, Erin Braddock, and Chris Tino to the email address for the parish: firstname.lastname@example.org. We greatly appreciate your cooperation and understanding in this matter.
Up On the Roof
In the early 1960s, the Drifters sang about the peace one experienced when one temporarily escaped the problems one had by getting away from it all by finding refuge on the roof. For us at Good Shepherd, the roof is not a source of peace, but of unrest. We are going to do the south section of the roof in September. This section has been the most consistent source of leaks. At this time, the entire roof would cost close to $50,000 which we presently cannot afford. Hopefully, we will be able to complete the entire roof next year. We have had little respite in taking on one major project after another. After the roof project is complete, we will have other projects such as a lawnmower, security cameras, new steps for the entrance of the church, etc. We will have to prioritize. We still have to decide whether we want a rectory on the parish grounds, which would be ideal, or to purchase a home within close proximity to the church, which would be more affordable. The capital improvement collection on the third Sunday of the month is for the rectory.
*New* – Faith Formation Registration Form and Handbook for 2015-16
The registration form and handbook for the 2015-2016 Faith Formation School Year is now available on the “Downloads” page of our website.
Know Your Parish Council
Go to the Pastoral Council section of our website (use navigation bar on the left side of this page) to learn about this ministry and to see an updated list of Council members.
You will also find a nomination form there which you may submit online if you are interested in serving on the Good Shepherd Parish Council.
Women of Good Shepherd Church – Scholarship
The Application for the Women of Good Shepherd Church Scholarship - 2016 is now available on the “Downloads” page of our website.
Bingo at Good Shepherd Church
Quick Links: Good Shepherd Events – Sunday, August 30 to Sunday, September 6
- Tuesday, September 1: Bingo
- Thursday, September 3: Fr. McHugh - Internet Radio Presentation
- Friday, September 4: First Friday Mass and Devotions
- Saturday, September 5: Rosary of the Unborn
- Sunday, September 6: Breakfast
(Click on a link to go to related page/section for more information.)
All current ministry schedules are available on the “Downloads” page of our website:
- Lector Schedule – July 4 to November 29
- Extraordinary Minister Schedule – July 4 to September 27
- Altar Server Schedule – July 4 to September 27
- Greeter Schedule – July 4 to September 27 (updated version posted 7/7/15)
- Cantor/Accompanist Schedule – July 11 to November 22
From Our Music Ministry
- Beginning on September 20th, we will introduce a new Mass setting, “The Mass of Christ the Savior.” It is the Mass setting that is most widely used in our diocese at the present time. Initially, we will begin by learning the Gloria and gradually add the other selections. A copy of the music will be placed in each pew for the congregation to follow along. As the cantors being reviewing the new music, we ask for your full participation. The music is beautiful and lively and will enhance our worship in giving glory to God.
- The Hymn and Responsorial Psalm Selections for August 30 to November 26, 2015, are now available on the “Downloads” page of our website.
Looking for St. John Bosco Information?
Because Good Shepherd Church and St. John Bosco Church of Conyngham, Pennsylvania are no longer “linked,” you will note that this site is devoted to matters related primarily to Good Shepherd Church. You may visit the St. John Bosco website at www.stjohnboscochurch.org or contact them by phone at (570) 788-1997, or email: email@example.com.