Welcome to Good Shepherd Church – Drums, Pennsylvania
Contacting our Pastor, Office Manager, and Webmaster
Because of the inordinate amount of spam that has recently been received via our email contact forms, please direct all inquiries to Father McHugh, Erin Braddock, and Chris Tino to the email address for the parish: email@example.com. We greatly appreciate your cooperation and understanding in this matter.
The Month of May
This month might be regarded as the springtime of the liturgical year. A “sacramental spectrum” seems to grace this month. The month of May is dedicated to Mary, our spiritual mother. Last Sunday, we honored our living and deceased mothers. A good deal of vocation literature has been made available. Our readings since Easter have been taken from the Acts of the Apostles which relates the descent of the Holy Spirit at Pentecost. Acts is often called the Gospel of the Holy Spirit. Passages in it remind us of people being baptized. Last week, we also had the Pro-Life carnation sale which reminds us of the sanctity of human life and indirectly of the sacraments of marriage and baptism. Last Saturday, we celebrated First Holy Communion. The Holy Eucharist is the sacrament to which the other sacraments are directed. On the last Monday of the month, we will celebrate Memorial Day honoring our beloved departed. Thanks to the many sacrifices of veterans, we are able to have the religious freedom to celebrate the Holy Eucharist in peace. The month of May really illustrates the inner connectedness of the sacraments.
Know Your Parish Council
Go to the Pastoral Council section of our website (use navigation bar on the left side of this page) to learn about this ministry and to see an updated list of Council members.
You will also find a nomination form there which you may submit online if you are interested in serving on the Good Shepherd Parish Council.
Women of Good Shepherd Church – Scholarship
The Application for the Women of Good Shepherd Church Scholarship – 2016 – is now available on the “Downloads” page of our website. Only completed applications will be accepted. The deadline is May 13th. The scholarship will be presented at the 10:00 AM Mass on June 5th honoring our high school seniors.
Good Shepherd Summer Festival
Bingo at Good Shepherd Church
Quick Links: Good Shepherd Events – Sunday, May 22 to Sunday, May 29
- Monday, May 23: Bereavement Workshop at SpiriTrust Lutheran Home Care & Hospice, Hazleton
- Tuesday, May 24: Bingo
- Thursday, May 26: Fr. McHugh - Internet Scripture Presentation
- Saturday, May 28: Priesthood Ordination at St. Peter’s Cathedral, Scranton
- Sunday, May 29: Corpus Christi Solemnity Eucharistic Adoration at St. John Bosco, Conyngham
(Click on a link to go to related page/section for more information.)
All current ministry schedules are available on the “Downloads” page of our website:
- Lector Schedule – April 2 to July 24, 2016
- Extraordinary Minister Schedule – April, May, and June 2016
- Altar Server Schedule – April, May, and June 2016
- Greeter Schedule – April, May, and June 2016
- Cantor/Accompanist Schedule – November 28, 2015 to June 26, 2016
From Our Music Ministry
- Beginning on September 20th, we will introduce a new Mass setting, “The Mass of Christ the Savior.” It is the Mass setting that is most widely used in our diocese at the present time. Initially, we will begin by learning the Gloria and gradually add the other selections. A copy of the music will be placed in each pew for the congregation to follow along. As the cantors being reviewing the new music, we ask for your full participation. The music is beautiful and lively and will enhance our worship in giving glory to God.
- The Hymn and Responsorial Psalm Selections for May 15, 2016 (Pentecost) to July 10, 2016 (15th Sunday in Ordinary Time), are now available on the “Downloads” page of our website.
Looking for St. John Bosco Information?
Because Good Shepherd Church and St. John Bosco Church of Conyngham, Pennsylvania are no longer “linked,” you will note that this site is devoted to matters related primarily to Good Shepherd Church. You may visit the St. John Bosco website at www.stjohnboscochurch.org or contact them by phone at (570) 788-1997, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.