Welcome to Good Shepherd Church – Drums, Pennsylvania
Contacting our Pastor, Office Manager, and Webmaster
Because of the inordinate amount of spam that has recently been received via our email contact forms, please direct all inquiries to Father McHugh, Erin Braddock, and Chris Tino to the email address for the parish: email@example.com. We greatly appreciate your cooperation and understanding in this matter.
Some Thoughts on the TV Masses and the Lack of Worthwhile Scripture Study on TV
It is wonderful that shut-ins have many opportunities to view Masses on television. I myself participate in the channel 13 pre-taped Sunday Mass which currently has four local priests besides myself involved in this program. There are also Masses from the Cathedral, St. Ann’s Monastery, EWTN, etc., available. What is lacking is a similar access to accurate Scripture programs of real substance. Some of the TV Scripture is mediocre, or in certain cases, just plain awful. At one time, we had regular programs from one of my mentors and good friend, Fr. Robert Barone, who died in 2004. There is a real void in accurate scholarly presentations on TV. Another painful topic for me is the lack of volunteers among our youth for altar servers. Quite a few adults have volunteered to take over the altar serving. Our adults are a great asset for serving funerals and helping at nursing and personal care homes. However, I want our youth to handle the serving of Mass. Certainly, we will not get vocations if we cannot even get altar servers. When Faith Formation resumes, I will make another appeal for servers a few weeks after we are organized.
Know Your Parish Council
Go to the Pastoral Council section of our website (use navigation bar on the left side of this page) to learn about this ministry and to see an updated list of Council members.
You will also find a nomination form there which you may submit online if you are interested in serving on the Good Shepherd Parish Council.
Faith Formation Handbook and Registration Form for 2016-2017
The Faith Formation Handbook and Registration Form for 2016-2017 are now available on the "Downloads" page of our website.
Bingo at Good Shepherd Church
Quick Links: Good Shepherd Events – Sunday, August 21 to Sunday, August 28
- Sunday, August 28: Collection for Churches of Eastern Europe
- Tuesday, August 30: Bingo
- Thursday, September 1: Fr. McHugh - Internet Scripture
- Friday, September 2: First Friday Mass and Devotions
- Saturday, September 3: Rosary of the Unborn
- Sunday, September 4: Baptismal Class
(Click on a link to go to related page/section for more information.)
All current ministry schedules are available on the “Downloads” page of our website:
- Lector Schedule – July 30 to October 23, 2016 (New)
- Extraordinary Minister Schedule – July, August, and September 2016 (New)
- Altar Server Schedule –July, August, and September 2016 (New)
- Greeter Schedule –July, August, and September 2016 (New)
- Cantor/Accompanist Schedule – July 3 to October 30, 2016 (New)
From Our Music Ministry
- Beginning on September 20th, we will introduce a new Mass setting, “The Mass of Christ the Savior.” It is the Mass setting that is most widely used in our diocese at the present time. Initially, we will begin by learning the Gloria and gradually add the other selections. A copy of the music will be placed in each pew for the congregation to follow along. As the cantors being reviewing the new music, we ask for your full participation. The music is beautiful and lively and will enhance our worship in giving glory to God.
- The Hymn and Responsorial Psalm Selections from August 28, 2016 (22nd Sunday in Ordinary Time) to October 23, 2016 (30th Sunday in Ordinary Time) are now available on the “Downloads” page of our website.
Looking for St. John Bosco Information?
Because Good Shepherd Church and St. John Bosco Church of Conyngham, Pennsylvania are no longer “linked,” you will note that this site is devoted to matters related primarily to Good Shepherd Church. You may visit the St. John Bosco website at www.stjohnboscochurch.org or contact them by phone at (570) 788-1997, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.