Welcome to Good Shepherd Church – Drums, Pennsylvania
Contacting our Pastor, Office Manager, and Webmaster
Because of the inordinate amount of spam that has recently been received via our email contact forms, please direct all inquiries to Father McHugh, Erin Braddock, and Chris Tino to the email address for the parish: email@example.com. We greatly appreciate your cooperation and understanding in this matter.
Recently, I read Witnesses to the Word: New Testament Studies Since Vatican II by the fine biblical scholar, Daniel Harrington, SJ. The book treats the advances in Scripture studies since Vatican II. I will do a summation of this book in one of my future Scripture sessions. Fr. Harrington, in the well-organized book, offers six chapters, each with ten points, on the advances in key areas of biblical scholarship. The topics include “Interpreting the New Testament” which includes methods of examining Scripture, “The Dead Sea Scrolls and Early Judaism” which treats the influence of these scrolls on modern scholarship, and “Jesus, Prophet of God’s Kingdom” which examines the life, ministry and teaching of Jesus. Harrington also treats the evangelists as authors and how they present Jesus. He does take a short look at the Apocryphal Gospels. New perspectives on St. Paul and his relationship to Judaism are discussed. Harrington deals with New Testament passages that examine Christians in the Roman Empire.
Know Your Parish Council
Go to the Pastoral Council section of our website (use navigation bar on the left side of this page) to learn about this ministry and to see an updated list of Council members.
You will also find a nomination form there which you may submit online if you are interested in serving on the Good Shepherd Parish Council.
Women of Good Shepherd Church – Scholarship
The Application for the Women of Good Shepherd Church Scholarship – 2016 – is now available on the “Downloads” page of our website. Only completed applications will be accepted. The deadline is May 13th. The scholarship will be presented at the 10:00 AM Mass on June 5th honoring our high school seniors.
Good Shepherd Summer Festival
Bingo at Good Shepherd Church
Quick Links: Good Shepherd Events – Sunday, June 26 to Sunday, July 3
- Sunday, June 26: Second Collection for Peter's Pence
- Sunday, June 26: Quo Vadis Program at Misericordia University, Dallas
- Tuesday, June 28: Bingo
- Tuesday, June 28: Crochet for a Cause at Providence Place, Drums
- Wednesday, June 29: Meatball Rolling for Festival
- Wednesday, June 29: Light the Fire Youth Rally at Misericordia University, Dallas
- Thursday, June 30: Festival Sponsorship Forms due in Parish Office
- Friday, July 1: First Friday Mass and Devotions
- Saturday, July 2: Rosary of the Unborn
- Sunday, July 3: NO Breakfast (Festival Month)
(Click on a link to go to related page/section for more information.)
All current ministry schedules are available on the “Downloads” page of our website:
- Lector Schedule – April 2 to July 24, 2016
- Extraordinary Minister Schedule – July, August, and September 2016 (New)
- Altar Server Schedule – April, May, and June 2016
- Greeter Schedule – April, May, and June 2016
- Cantor/Accompanist Schedule – July 3 to October 30, 2016 (New)
From Our Music Ministry
- Beginning on September 20th, we will introduce a new Mass setting, “The Mass of Christ the Savior.” It is the Mass setting that is most widely used in our diocese at the present time. Initially, we will begin by learning the Gloria and gradually add the other selections. A copy of the music will be placed in each pew for the congregation to follow along. As the cantors being reviewing the new music, we ask for your full participation. The music is beautiful and lively and will enhance our worship in giving glory to God.
- The Hymn and Responsorial Psalm Selections for May 15, 2016 (Pentecost) to July 10, 2016 (15th Sunday in Ordinary Time), are now available on the “Downloads” page of our website.
Looking for St. John Bosco Information?
Because Good Shepherd Church and St. John Bosco Church of Conyngham, Pennsylvania are no longer “linked,” you will note that this site is devoted to matters related primarily to Good Shepherd Church. You may visit the St. John Bosco website at www.stjohnboscochurch.org or contact them by phone at (570) 788-1997, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.